The first of the month always feels like a new beginning.
No time wasted yet.
No goals missed yet.
30 days ahead to get things accomplished.
Today especially I sense that.
It is motivating.
So many things to accomplish this month – probably more than are possible, but right at this moment I feel like I can do it all.
And no, I am not manic, just optimistic and excited.
Complete change of subject: J is growing like crazy.
Here are some other facts about him:
- He’s continuing with his Karate success;
- He’s looking forward to snow and snowboarding – has his pass and is just waiting for snow;
- His show size is already a mens 8 – can’t fit into my boots and athletic shoes anymore;
- He takes time to make those little flips in his hair every morning, and he swishes those bangs around all day long;
- There are big improvements in his academics, but still a need to get him focused on staying organized (lack of organization kills him!);
- Although he is still anxious, especially about school stuff, he is handling it much better than in the past few years;
- He runs a mile a day (part of managing anxiety) at least 5 days a week;
- His understanding of faith is profound and by all appearances, God is integrated into all he does;
- He’s learning to sing from his teacher, who has the talent to teach that;
- Since September 6th he’s grown over an inch;
- He continues to have a heart for others;
- He drives the truck around our property – all by himself!
- He did his last trick-or-treating last night – we age him out at 12, which he will be next by next years festivities;
- He adores Stanford football last Saturday’s game in particular!
Have a great start to your new month of November!