So often I am inclined to think of God providing us with food, a place to life, money to support our family. And it is true, he does provide these things.
But because he loves us, he provides so much more.
Friends have been the highlight of our summer, and this weekend was no exception! We have lived out Acts 2:43: And the believers were together and had everything in common.
God’s provision goes so far beyond food, shelter and friends. The most important, of course, is salvation. And I could never say enough about that gift of grace. But He provided that out of love and mercy, something that can just blow us away because it is so wonderful. He could have stopped there and said “I’ve done it all for you, what more can you need?” Instead he continues to give on a daily basis.
449. Apples on the tree
450. afternoon rain storms with clearing for evening walks
451. flowers that revive with a bit of water
452. walks with my handsome husband
453. money stashed away for school clothes
454. dinner with friends
456. free movies on the lawn of the Storey Mansion
457. zucchini from a neighbor’s garden
458. old friends joining a new group of regular contacts
459. warm mornings of sunshine
460. signs of fall on its way
461. free photography lessons
462. grandparents on their way
463. wise decisions from an 11-year-old boy
464. a creek to draw flushing water from when the pump went out
Thank you Father for yoru generous and beautiful provision.