We woke up Friday morning to a non-functioning water pump. By 6:45 a.m. we had 5 gallon buckets of water from the creek strategically positioned by the toilets, and Andy was on his way into town to purchase drinking water. Thank you God for putting a creek on our property – it sure came in handy!
Before he left Andy had quickly determined it was an electrical problem, and by 7 a.m. I was on the phone with an electrician.
Nice guy came out, and found there is a short between the house and the well-head. Which certainly seemed better than needing a whole new pump.
Except we searched for nearly two hours for the junction box where the wiring leaves the house. Never found it. So we have a wire going out the basement bathroom window, across the back lawn and to the well head.
It’s a temporary fix.
Next week the electrician will be back with a locator to find out if they can replace the shorted wire, or determine they need to dig a new trench and lay a new wire.
So last night, after a day of dealing with all that, I took my camera and practiced getting sharper focus – because I’ve noticed in my “quick draw” summer photography of activities I’m unhappy with the focusing – too soft. Time to re-establish the habits of better focusing. And take more time.
Being out there with my camera is a great way for me to de-stress. It sure worked last night.
And now I’m off to shower after my sweaty morning bike ride, because I have water, which is more than I can say for most of yesterday.